Global Off-Grid Solar Market Report
Every six months, Lighting Global and GOGLA publish the Global Off-Grid Solar Market Report, a market intelligence series on sales and impact of off-grid solar lighting products. Since H2 2018, the report also includes sales numbers of off-grid appliances, in partnership with the Efficiency for Access Coalition.
January – June 2019 Global Off-Grid Solar Market Report
- The off-grid solar industry is growing and adapting to increased and more diverse demands from customers. Compared to the previous six months, solar home system sales with a capacity higher than 11 watt-peak, have increased by 40% to 680,000.
- More customers choose the pay-as-you-go (PAYGo) business model to make use of the benefits of off-grid solar, with PAYGo sales surpassing 1 million lighting units for the first time.
- In total, 4.11 million solar lanterns, multi-light and solar home systems were sold from January to June 2019, while 730,000 off-grid solar appliances were sold.
- The report also highlights the life-changing impact of off-grid solar, with the cumulative number of people who have benefitted from improved electricity access reaching 280 million (since July 2010).
- The impact figures are based on the sales numbers of off-grid solar lighting products only (solar lanterns, multi-light systems and solar home systems).
- Would you like to find out more? Watch a recording of our webinar to hear more about the data from the content team.
- Download previous sales and impact data reports: H2 2018 | H1 2018 | H2 2017 | H1 2017 | H2 2016 | H1 2016 | H2 2015.
- Participating companies can access the online data platform at data.gogla.org.
Resource Type: Market Analysis & Trends