Register | Webinar on Rwanda’s Pro Poor RBF & Launch of New End User Subsidy Lab
The End User Subsidies Lab launched by ESMAP / Lighting Global, GOGLA, and Africa Clean Energy provides a platform for pooling knowledge resources, technical expertise, and funding, allowing several stakeholders to jointly design smart and effective end user subsidies.
Marking the launch of the Lab, we invite you to join us in a series of webinars digging into the key lessons learned from existing end user subsidy pilots and projects applying end user subsidies. Our webinars will provide in-depth insight into the mechanics of specific end user subsidy designs, allow for cross-country knowledge sharing, and enable participants to directly interact with experienced practitioners.
The webinar series will kick-off on 30 September, 2:30 pm CEST with a look at Rwanda, profiling the EnDev Pro Poor RBF and the government’s scale up under the Renewable Energy Fund (new window 5). Rwanda is one of the most cited subsidy programs in the off-grid solar space. While the high-level design is well-known, the intrinsic mechanics of implementing the pilot successfully have not yet been shared in detail. This webinar will provide stakeholders with the opportunity to delve into the technical elements that are crucial to a well-rounded and efficient end user subsidy design.
When: 30 September 2021, 2:30 pm CEST
- Dana Rysankova, Global Lead for Energy Access, the World Bank
- Annick Muhama, Director General of Energy, Ministry of Infrastructure (MININFRA)
- Sarah Leitner, Adivsor, Energizing Development (GIZ / EnDev)
- Gratien Vuningoma, Off-Grid Specialist, Energy Development Corporation Ltd. (EDCL)
- Christa Kageruka, Investment Analyst, Development Bank of Rwanda (BRD)