Time Estimate: Variable, but at least 1 week.
Step 1: Send an inquiry to the Quality Assurance (QA) team.
- For pico-products (products less than or equal to 10 W) contact email@example.com
- For SHS kits (products greater than 10 W to 350 W) contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For SHS kits, please also complete an initial online application form.
NOTE: Pico -products require evaluation to the Lighting Global Pico PV Quality Standards, and SHS kits require evaluation to the Lighting Global SHS Quality Standards. Please notify Lighting Global prior to testing if in addition to the required evaluation you would also like to have a pico-product evaluated to the SHS Quality Standards or an SHS kit evaluated to the Pico PV Quality Standards. In this case, additional samples and documentation will be needed.
Step 2: A member of the QA team will respond with an introduction to the Lighting Global program and the value proposition for becoming an Associate. For more information see links below.
Step 3: After confirming interest in having a product tested, you will be asked to provide a description of specific features of the product(s) you are interested in testing, and key details of your company via an online Manufacturer Information Form.
Step 4: After completing the online Manufacturer Information Form, the QA team will review the information, conduct primary due diligence on the company and, if there are no issues, begin coordinating testing.
Key notes to consider:
To receive program support, products must undergo QTM testing at an accredited test lab and meet the Lighting Global Quality Standards:
The following documents help describe the product testing process:
- Product Quality Screening Procedure and Logistics
- Test Lab Policy
- Product Sampling Policy
- Lighting Global Intellectual Property Policy
If you are interested in having multiple products tested, please review the following policies:
Companies that meet specific eligibility requirements may be interested in using an alternate test method:
The following policies provide additional guidance regarding the Quality Standards:
- Performance Reporting Requirements
- Pay-as-you-go (PAYG) Policy
- IP Test Methods for PV Modules
- Integrated Water Protection Assessment
- Outdoor Cable Policy
- Market Check Testing Policy